Facebook has recently, been introducing quite a handful of new features on it’s platform. One of those new features is the ability to apply Background color to your Facebook status update. Which i find to be rather interesting.
The feature isn’t particularly new. I like to think it’s been in existence for over a month now. However, not everyone is aware of this.
Even if you are aware, you just might not know how to go about this. And that’s where this post should come in handy.
First, in my opinion, being able to apply background color to your status update on the social network is quite handy. Somehow, it makes your status update stands out from the regular style. And being able to choose between a considerable number of colors is a plus.
There are quite a number of preset colors you can choose from. Unfortunately, you cannot set a custom background color. At least, not yet.
How To Set Up a Background Color To Your Facebook Status Update
The process is quite easy. You just need to know what to do and what not.
- First things first, make sure you are running the latest version of the Facebook app.
- Visit your play store or App Store, choose to update the Facebook app if any.
- When done updating, launch the Facebook app and tap on the box which says ‘What’s on your mind‘.
- Input your status update and you’d automatically notice a set of preset color variations
- Choose the one you’d like and it’d automatically apply to your status update.
You like what you see? Hint on the POST button when done.
It’s that simple. Really.
Please Note: Based on personal usage, this feature is NOT available to iOS users. At least, not yet. Android users are however, able to rock it.
Also note that, there is a character limit when it comes to being able to add background color to your status update. If you exceed the character limit, the preset colors will automatically disappear.
Got questions in relation to applying background color to status update on Facebook? Feel free to ask.