Ever since the the latest OS version for iOS devices was introduced, which is the iOS 8, turning iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 plus and iPad devices to hotspot for other devices to connect has taken a new procedure.
Related: Hands-On With iOS 11 On iPhone 6
Here on this post, we’d be giving you a step by step guild on how you can turn your iOS device to hotspot on the latest iOS 8 software update. The process is really easy except for the fact that it is quite logical but not to worry, we’ve got you covered.
We are not going to bore you with lots of talks or stories as we understand that you are probably trying to do this for the first time hence, we are just going to go straight to the point.
Please note that it is highly advised that you have an active data connection on your iPhone or iPad before commencing with this procedure except you just want to know how it is done so that you can do it whenever you think it’s necessary.
Turning Your iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 plus, iPad Devices To Hotspot
- From the home screen on your iOS device, tap on Settings.
- On the settings page, tap on Cellular.
- Next, On the cellular page, Tap On Cellular Data Network.
- On the Cellular Data network page, screen down to the end of the page where you would find Personal Hotspot.
- Under the Personal hotspot, fill in your username and password. Filling up an APN isn’t a necessity but you can go on with that if you want to but be sure you are inputting a correct APN. In my opinion, i would rather advice you do not bother yourself with filling the APN.
- When done with filling the username and password, go back to the previous page and you should now be able to find personal hotspot under cellular data network.
- Tap on the personal hotspot and complete your hotspot set up. I would advise you change the Wi-Fi password to something you’d be able to easily remember and at same time, a password that is secure as you wouldn’t want anyone to just gain access to your iOS connection via a password guess.
- After changing the Wi-Fi password, you can toggle the Personal hotspot On so that you can begin sharing your iPhone or iPad internet connection with other devices that has got wireless feature.
There you go. Very simple right? You can actually share your iPhone or iPad connection to your computer via the use of USB instead of Wi-Fi however, you will need to have itunes installed on your computer before that can really work.
If you have any question in regards using your iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 plus or iPad as wireless hotspot for other devices, please use the comment form and we will get your questions as fast as we can.