In this guide, we will be sharing with you a simple trick to remove Noad Variance TV Adware Virus On Your PC. It doesn’t matter if you use a Mac or Windows Computer, we have a guide to get rid of this various on all these computers.
Table Of Contents
But first, what is Noad Variance TV Adware Virus?
The Noad Variance TV Adware virus also known as Noad Steep TV is a PC virus that intersects with how you react with websites you visit.
Once the virus gets to your computer, it begins to show intrusive ads on the websites you visit using your web browser. The virus also tend to start gathering information like IP, browser history, ads you’ve clicked, kind of stuffs you are interested in and a whole lot of other vital information.
These information are then used in displaying ads to you. This is what’s described as targeted advertising and this shows up on pages you visit. The Virus can be identified when the ads displayed carry marks like the following:
- Ads powered by Noad Steep TV
- Powered by Noad Steep TV
- Ads by Noad Steep TV
- Brought to you by Noad Steep TV etc.
If during the course of surfing the internet on your computer, you noticed these sort of ads on the websites you visit, then your PC has been infected with the Noad Variance TV Adware virus.
Now, before we go over to fixing this virus on our windows or Mac PC, let’s understand what caused this problem. That way, we can discuss a solution and hopefully, it wouldn’t have to repeat itself again.
How Did The Virus Get On Your PC?
The Noad Variance TV Adware Virus often comes bundled with apps or software you download on your computer. You know that application you downloaded from an unknown source? There is a chance it had it.
For the most part, the virus is present on cracked apps, free apps that ought to be paid for, but you decided to download for free from a different site. This is why it is always recommended that you download apps from trusted sources.
As earlier mentioned, this virus comes bundled with other unsuspecting apps. And the only way this could have been averted, is to use the custom install settings of the custom installer. Hence, it is always advisable that you use the custom install option in the installer window when installing apps from untrusted sources. That way, only the app you requested for, will be installed on your computer. This way, other apps or virus won’t be installed without you knowing.
Having known how the virus got into your computer, let’s understand the end goal.
Why Was This Virus Created?
While some people are looking to spend money on the internet, others are looking to make money from the internet.
The Noad Variance TV Adware virus was created with the intent of making money. The way the virus works is, it understands your browsing habit, the stuffs that interests you and thereafter, shows ads relating to your interest.
This way, you click on those ads and maybe take action, and they make money. Depending on the kind of ads, the creator(s) could be using some AD services or charge promoters some certain amount to show their ads to people they’ve got through the virus.
The end game here is simply revenue for the creator(s).
Having discussed that, let’s see how to get rid of this virus on your computer.
How To Remove Noad Variance TV Adware Virus On PC
Knowing that the virus come bundled with other apps installed on your computer, the first step to remove the Noad Variance TV Adware Virus is to remove the program it installed on your computer. To do this, follow the steps below:
On Windows 10
- On your windows PC, click on the start button and click on the Settings icon.
- When the windows settings is opened, click on Apps. All the apps installed on your PC will be displayed.
- Scroll down and look for the Variance TV program. When you find it, click on Uninstall.
- You will probably get a prompt asking “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device“. Select Yes.
- A windows installer should be displayed. Follow the onscreen instructions to successfully uninstall the application.
On Older Windows OS
- Click on the Start button and using the search box, search for control panel. When that displays, click on it.
- Under control panel, click on Programs and select “Uninstall Programs“. At this point, all the programs installed on your PC should be displayed.
- Search for the Variance TV program end choose to uninstall it.
- Follow the onscreen instructions till the program is successfully uninstalled.
On Mac OS
- Open the applications folder. You will find this by opening a new window in the finder, or clicking on the hard disk icon
- Drag the icon of the variance TV program into the trash to uninstall it. Alternatively, right click on the app and select Move to Trash.
- When done, right click on the Trash can and select Empty trash.
When done with the uninstall process, restart your browsers. You may also consider restarting your PC if necessary. Also check for extensions and add-ons the app may have left in your browser. If any, completely remove all of them.
If going through this route is kind of an issue for you, there’s an option to use a good antivirus software in scanning and getting rid of the Noad TV Adware virus on your PC. However, the need to still restart your browser is necessary.
Also look out for other culprit apps you may have installed from unknown sources. The next time you plan installing an app from an unknown source, be sure to read other options that comes bundled with the program. Be on the lookout for browser extensions and the likes. It’s much safer to use the custom install option and make sure you are only installing that particular program.