You have created a Gmail account but don’t know how to sign in? Or did you mistakenly sign out without noting down your password? Worry no more! We’ve got the right information on how to sign into your Gmail account page.
This article will show you a step-by-step guide on How to Sign In to Gmail with Your Unique Username and Secure Password. And if you’re in the category of people that forgot their password, we will also show you how to reset your password and gain access to your Gmail account back.
Table Of Contents
How to sign in to your Gmail account on a mobile device
- Navigate to find the Google Gmail app and click it open.
- At the bottom of your screen, tap the “Sign in” button. If you already have an email account logged in the app, tap your profile icon in the top-right corner, then tap “Add another account.”
- On the next prompted screen, tap on “Google”.
- You will be asked to allow “google.com” to use Gmail to sign in, click on allow and you will be taken to a page where you can enter your email username or phone number and password.
- After entering your details, you will be signed in (That’s if the details you provided is correct)
To stay signed into your Gmail account on your device, tick the box next to “Remember me.”
How to sign in to your Gmail account on a desktop computer
1. To get started, head over to Gmail.com if you already have a Gmail account logged in, click on your profile picture and choose “Add another account”.
If you do not have a Gmail account logged in already, then visit this page here.
2. On the next screen, enter your email address or your phone number and your password to sign in.
And voila, you are in! You see it’s not that hard right?
Let’s now take a look into how to reset your password if you forgot to note it down while creating your Gmail account or you didn’t cram it on your head.
How To Reset Gmail Account Password
1. If you are trying to sign in and you’ve forgotten your password, just click on the “forget password?” link. It will take you to a screen where you get an option to reset your password.
2. You will first be asked to enter the last password you remember using with your Gmail account, it doesn’t matter though, just enter any.
3. You will now be given the option to either reset your Gmail account password by sending a code to your phone number or if you’ve linked a recovery email address with it, you can get the code sent to the recovery email.
By following the steps above, resetting the password should be easy peasy!
We hope this guide is insightful and will be helpful to you. If it’s actually helpful, why don’t you thank us by sharing this article on your social media profiles?
If you still have more questions or there’s something confusing here regarding on how to sign into your gmail account, comment down below and you will be attended to.