Facebook has been around for more than a decade, and it has changed the world in many ways. It’s how we keep in touch with friends and family, how we find out what’s happening locally or internationally, how businesses market themselves to potential customers, how people organize protests and other movements—the list goes on.
Now, Facebook is making another change by introducing dark mode. This new feature changes the app interface from a white to a black background with text that appears as white letters on a black screen.
Because displaying darker pixels on an LED screen requires less power than displaying white pixels, Facebook night mode uses less battery on your device.
Facebook apps including Messenger and Instagram are not the pioneers of the dark mode style. It’s been around for a while now and, it’s been really handy hence the reason why most apps are gradually making the shift to implementing dark mode option.
Some individuals also report that it’s easier on their eyes, and many believe that the lowered blue light helps them sleep better, but this hasn’t been confirmed scientifically.
In this post, you’ll learn how to turn on Facebook dark mode on three different devices, Android, IOS, and Desktop Computer!
How to turn on Facebook dark mode on Android devices
- Open and log in to the Facebook application.
- Click the three-line “hamburger” icon on the top menu bar.
- Scroll down and click Settings & Privacy
- You will see a list of options, tap on dark mode
- You will be taken to a new screen with other options, the on and off, tap the ON button to turn on dark mode.
Now, you’ve successfully turned on facebook dark mode on your Android devices.
How To Turn On Facebook Dark Mode On IOS Devices
It is basically the same steps as Android devices to get Facebook dark mode turned on on IOS devices. However, for the sake of those who value a step-by-step guide, we will list it out.
- Find the Facebook app on your IOS device home screen and click it open.
- Navigate to the three-line “hamburger” icon at the top right-hand bar
- Scroll down and click on Settings & Privacy
- Tap on dark mode
- Choose the on option and your Facebook news feed will refresh and turn into the dark mode.
How to turn on Facebook dark mode on desktop devices
- Go to Facebook.com and sign in.
- In the upper right corner of the menu bar, click the down arrow icon.
- Select Display & Accessibility from the drop-down menu.
- Select On from the Dark Mode drop-down menu.
Dark Mode should now be enabled on Facebook. If you want to switch off dark mode again, follow same steps and choose the Off option.
Alternatively, there’s another way without having to manually go through these options on mobile (android and iOS). You can configure the Facebook app mode to adapt to your phone settings.
What this means is, if your phone’s display is configured to dark mode, Facebook will automatically function in dark mode. If otherwise, Facebook app will act accordingly. Interestingly, this is same on most recently updated apps as they gradually make the switch to dark mode.
Configure Facebook App Mode To Adapt To Phone’s Screen Mode
To make the Facebook application on your android or iPhone adapt to your phone’s screen settings, please follow the steps below:
- Launch the Facebook app on your android or iOS device
- Tap on the hamburger option located at the top right position of the screen to display more options
- Scroll down and select Settings & Privacy
- Under Settings & Privacy, select Dark Mode.
- Thereafter, select Use System Settings.
With that option, the Facebook app is able to adjust your appearance based on your device’s system settings.
I hope this helps in your quest to turning On or Off the dark mode option on Facebook on your Android and/or iOS device?