Nigerians who are used to glo bis needs no introduction as to changing IMEI and why tweaking an android IMEI can be very important. For those who still do not know, well, we are here to help.
Changing your android phone IMEI to a blackberry IMEI makes it possible for you to use glo bis on your android phone without hustle.
This method has been ongoing for a very long time now hence, if you are still paying huge subscription bills on your android device despite having good Glo network reception at your environment, sorry o but you are or should i say, you’ve been on a long thing.
Over the past few months, we have constantly been talking on how to change an android phone IMEI and we have made reference to innjoo, tecno, infinix and other MTK processor running devices. Here on this post, We’d like to do same and we are making the newly launched infinix Hot 2 x510 the major reference here.
Just before we go into that, MTN promises everyone that gets the infinix hot 2 android phone 1GB of data for just N500. Hence, if you are interested in the device, you can check out our unboxing post plus video Here.
Now, while the proposed 1GB data plan for just N500 sounds very convincing, it cannot be compared to 3GB of data for just N1000 on the glo network.
If you use your android device internet service on a regular basis, 1GB of data might not do enough. The GLO BIS plan which gives you 3GB of data for just N1000, should do better and that is where changing your android phone IMEI comes to play a vital role.
How To Change Infinix Hot 2 X510 IMEI
First, make a back up of your current IMEI. This is necessary just in case you want to revert back to the default IMEI. Just like i had done in the image below.
- Dial *#*#3646633#*#* (the code for most MTK powered android phones)
- You should be displayed a Telephony page. Swipe to the connectivity tab and tap on CDS Information
- Under CDS (Common Data Service) Information, Tap On Radio Information
- Under Radio Information, select either Phone 1 (If you want to change sim 1 imei) or Phone 2 if you want to change sim 2 imei.
- The next page displayed is AT+. Tap on E and a pop up menu shows up. If you choose to change SIM 1 IMEI, select the first option, if you choose SIM 2, select the second option.
- Give a space between AT and + then scroll to the middle of the column signs (“”) and enter in the blackberry IMEI you want to use. Just like you can see in the image below.
When done, tap on Send At Command and you should get a notification saying AT Command is Sent.OK.
Go back till you exit the page then power off the phone since there is no restart option.
Wait a few seconds (say 5 seconds) then power the phone back on. When fully booted, dial *#06# to confirm the new IMEI numbers as you can see below:
So, there you have it. Changing Infinix Hot 2 X510 IMEI is very easy and fast.
What Next After Changing IMEI?
You do not need to root the device neither do you need to install any app before you can perform other functionality on the phone.
If you want to use glo bis on the device, fix a glo bis subscribed sim into the IMEI changed SIM slot and then make sure the internet settings APN is blackberry.net.
With all that in place, you should be able to enjoy glo bis plan on your Infinix Hot X510 android smart phone.
You can request for a blackberry IMEI by dropping your email address in the comment session or joining our bbm channel and a valid BB IMEI will be sent to you.