Couple of weeks back, we gave a detailed hands-on review of the android 5.1 lollipop OS on infinix Hot Note x551 android phone.
Couple of days after, we shared a step by step guide on how to upgrade the x551 android phone to the lollipop OS.
If you did that and may have gone to software updates on the device to see if there is a new version, you’d most likely find one there. Reason being that, there is actually a new update.
You may have downloaded and tried installing the update only to keep getting the ‘Unfortunately, system update has stopped error‘. I understand your plea at this point. Thankfully, we’ve got a solution for you. If that’s the case, we are here to help.
Fixing Unfortunately, System Update has stopped on infinix Hot Note
I think this is a problem with the xui android lollipop ROM considering the fact that it is still on Beta level. Hence, the only solution will be forcing the update via recovery.
If you have downloaded the update but keep getting that error, follow the steps below.
- Boot your Infinix hot note phone into recovery by turning off the phone and then, press and hold volume + and power button together till the device turns on
- Press and hold the volume up + power button again and you should be fully booted into the recovery menu.
- Using the volume buttons as navigation and the power button as OK, scroll down to Apply update from cache
- Select System_Update and choose update.zip
- Wait for a while till you get the notification ‘Install from cache complete‘.
If you have any issues relating to this, please post a comment and we will reply as soon as we can.