In this article, we will be looking at some of the best and funny WiFi names as well as some of the best Wi-Fi name generators.
Speaking of Wi-Fi names, we will be listing about 80 of them. Free free to pick from the list and use on your Wi-Fi connection. But before that, some little into.
Over the years, we’ve seen technology gotten better and that equally affects WiFi. There was a time when LAN network was the order of the day. We equally faced the time of Modems. Now, times have changed and people are now on routers, MiFi devices and mobile devices.
When it comes to routers, MiFi also referred to mobile hotspot and mobile devices, in relation to internet connection, Wi-Fi is prominent.
The reason for this is, to be able to share internet connection from these devices to other devices, you’d need to turn on the Wi-Fi service which is referred to as hotspot on mobile phones.
By default, every of these devices have a preset Wi-Fi name. While that’s cool, it makes sense to customize it. I personally love changing my Wi-Fi name. Especially if I don’t want anyone guessing the ISP I use or the device I use.
Just before we go over some of the best and funny WiFi names you can use, let’s see how to change Wi-Fi name on any router.
Table Of Contents
How To Change Wi-Fi Name On Any Router
To change WiFi name on any router you use, follow these steps:
- First, make sure you know the IP address of your router. Usually, this comes displayed on the back side of the wireless router. If you cannot find it, contact your ISP to request for the IP address. Generally, it’s something like 192.168.0.1
- Make sure the device you are browsing on, is connected to the Wi-Fi network you want to change its WiFi name.
- Using your default browser, enter http://192.168.0.1 or the router IP address found on the back of your wireless router or given to you by your ISP
- When the router admin page loads up, input your username and password.
- Next, click login or sign in.
- Go to the wireless tab in the admin page and enter your preferred funny WiFi name in the Name (SSID) field. If you don’t find the wireless tab, check for settings.
- when done, click apply.
That’s it. You’ve successfully changed the WiFi name of your router to something funny and interesting.
Having discussed that, let’s look at some of the best, crazy and funny WiFi names you can use.
80 Best and Funny WiFi Names For Your Wireless Router
After some level of research, we’ve compiled a list of some of the best and funny WiFi names you can use as your wifi’s SSID name. That will give you some level of uniqueness.
- Virus Found
- Sorry, Wifi is in another castle
- I have a boyfriend
- Your village people
- No Signal
- Selling my friend’s kidney for iPhone X
- Don’t touch me
- BSNL too slow
- No Network
- Hey, Hey!
- Get the hell out of my WiFi
- Ransomware Found
- Buy PayPal soon
- Don’t connect, save bandwidth
- Must love dogs
- Cats vs Dogs
- You are WiFizoned
- FBI Vehicle #836
- Android vs iOS
- Only for poor people
- Free WiFi. Just Kidding
- Call me for password
- Connect your Nokia 3310
- Click here for Internet Mom
- RIP LAN
- Empire Fans Only
- Iron man vs Captain America
- I’m Hulk
- Y u no get Wi-Fi
- FRIENDS Fans connect here
- Installing virus, Please wait
- Enter your ATM PIN for the internet
- Recharge Rs. 100 to 9876543210 for password
- Don’t connect to this WiFi
- This is a trap
- You are under CCTV surveillance
- I got you
- This is not the WiFi you are looking for
- You will die if you tap me
- No WiFi for you
- 404 WiFi not found
- Wanna connect? 😉
- I have WiFi but you don’t
- Look your face in the mirror before connecting to WiFi
- Check your credit card bill. lol
- Don’t enter into my world
- Our internet is faster than your’s
- Your music is annoying
- Neighbors, please stop using my Wi-Fi
- Praise the Lord for password
- YouTube videos are buffering. Don’t connect
- You can’t connect me
- Connect for free Justin Bieber songs
- Finding WiFi
- Go get your own WiFi!
- WiFi Connected
- Click to install Noad Variance Virus
- Free bitcoins
- Shake your phone for connecting to this WiFi
- Praise the Lord for password
- Happy birthday, stranger
- This is hotspot, not WiFi
- It hurts when you use my Wi-Fi
- Poor signal
- Wi-Fi from Mars
- Ask StackOverflow for password
- Connect to Geek Dashboard
- Free WiFi for Nokia 3310
- Dad, I failed in maths exam
- Please contact your ISP for free internet
- Please Wait, Loading…
- Connection lost
- No internet access
- Downloading virus
- WiFi not working
- Reboot to connect WiFi
Having talked on some of the best and funny WiFi names to be used as your SSID, let’s discuss some WiFi name generators.
Funny and Cool WiFi Name Generator (Online Tool)
This Tool for generating WiFi names will generate thousands of different cool and funny WiFi names for your wireless router. You can easily set your preferred choice as your WiFi router name. This gives a rather cool and unique name from the norm. Precisely those available in your vicinity.
How To Change Mobile WiFi Name
While we already talked on how to change WiFi name on router, let’s discuss how to change WiFi name on your mobile Android or iOS device.
Change WiFi Name On Android
- Go to settings
- Select Portable Hotspot
- Select Set up portable hotspot.
- In the SSID field, insert any of the names from the list above.
- When done, tap the done option.
That’s it. You’ve successfully changed Wi-Fi name on Android phones.
Change WiFi Name on iPhone
- Go to Settings
- Tap on General
- Tap on About
- Select Name
- Input the preferred name you want. This will serve as the name used in describing the iPhone on other devices as well as the Wi-Fi name. Meaning, same name will be used as the Wi-Fi name.
That’s it. That’s how to change WiFi name on iPhone.
There you have it, guys. Those are some of the best and funny WiFi names as well as WiFi name generators. If you’ve got questions, please do not hesitate to ask.