Apple a couple of years back, redefined its smart phone designs starting with the iPhone X. The redesign came with a bezel less display thus bringing about the adjustments in the physical home button.
Before the iPhone X was launched, the method to take screenshots on iPhone was simply having to press the home and power buttons together. It was that easy. It’s still actually easy.
However, the iPhone X was released with no physical home button and a new method to taking screenshot was introduced. This, we had to somehow, adjust to.
A year after, the iPhone XS, XS and XR were released in 2018. These all have same design elements as seen on the iPhone X. All bezel less displays with no physical home buttons. With this in mind, method to take screenshots on these sets of devices, are all same.
Having discussed that, let’s see how to take screenshot on iPhone X, XS, XS Max and XR.
How To Take Screenshots On iPhone X, XS, XS Max and XR
- First, be on the screen you want to take a screenshot of. This is very important
- Press the volume up (+) and Power buttons together. Precisely at the same time.
- If your phone isn’t on silent, you should hear a click sound with a flash.
- You can thereafter, decide to edit the screenshot by tapping on it and when done, choose to save. Alternatively, you can ignore the edit feature by not tapping on the screenshot. This will automatically save the screen shot.
That’s it. You’ve successfully taken a screenshot on your iPhone X, XS, XS Max and XR. Simply go into the photos folder to find the screenshot.
Please Note: You are to ONLY press the key combinations. I am making reference to pressing Power button and volume up buttons together. You should NOT press and hold the buttons. Doing so will trigger the option to power off the phone, or make use or the Emergency SOS feature. Just press on both buttons once.
Take Screenshots On iPhone X, XS, XS Max or XR Using Sleep/Wake and Volume Up Buttons
- On the iPhone, Go to settings and tap on General
- Under General, tap on Accessibility and choose AssistiveTouch
- Turn ON the AssistiveTouch feature
- To take screenshots on your new iPhone using the AssistiveTouch feature, on the screen you want to take a screenshot of, Tap on the AssistiveTouch shortcut icon
- Tap on Device
- Tap on More and tap on screenshot.
That’s it. Those are ways you can take screenshots on iPhone X, XS, XS Max and XR.
While the second method does work, I’d recommend the first method for the most part. Reason being that, it’s a lot easier and doesn’t have to interfere with your phone display or display experience.
The second method is advisable if you hate the idea of having to use two hands in taking screenshots. Of course, one hand can also be used for the first method.
Having taken a screenshot on your iPhone X, XS, XS Max and XR, tapping on the screenshot gives you the option to edit the screenshot. When done, you are offered the option to either save, or delete the screenshot.
Hope this comes in handy? If you have questions, please do not hesitate to ask using the comment session.